Friday, September 10, 2010

KEG ON FIRE

As I stood there, hiding the hole in my left shoe, the zebra ballerinas not able to stay secluded behind the black toe nails, an army of beer kegs came rolling, crossing my watery vision. The fifth keg came and slammed itself hard against my foot, now completely inept at saving my little remaining self esteem, and then I remembered. I remembered the joke.

For years I have waited to hear the punchline of that joke.

" There is an amazing lottery joke I know..."

" But I can't tell it to you till I meet you."

Then a black cat crossed me. It bought me back to the present that could not have been as past and present never exist. We believe its only the future that exists, which only disappoints but nevertheless, every time I fall to sleep gracefully with a silent smile on my face, I know that tomorrow will bring me the shower, the sugar water, the unknown wishes which always come true, but still there I was now, unaware of my withered toenail showing through the shameful black hole, as the keg rolled upon my unfortunate toe and I looked up. All I wanted was to know the lottery joke. And that is how this story begins.