Monday, December 18, 2006

Madam isss-start-isss-start

So the car battery died. Somebody should have told me exides ditch you if nobody bothers to turn the ignition for a fortnight. I think I need a baby-sitter for my car or I cannot go on vacations ever again.

First day at the new job and I was driving around in a car with two people pushing it. The battery proved to be too lazy and I left for office on foot with no socks on.

Yeah! it feels great to be back home, especially if car mechanics don't really dance around like Billy Joel but con uptown girls with the sun deciding to set early.
Huh! I don't need a guy , I can get this fixed myself.
After one hour of leaning over the engine with three greasy men for company, the independent woman residing inside me was promptly evicted and some emergency phone calls were made. The saviours found it absolutely hilarious that I took so long to call.

Armed with a brand new zero-maintenance battery and only 3 grands to last me the rest of the month, I don't think I am ready to get the coolant refilled, the right indicator light fixed and the punctured stepney tyre inflated.

Someone remind me why I continue to obsessively love Decembers.

I should unpack, wear a sweater, remove school's out from the playlist, drag myself to the shower everyday and sleep before 4 am.

I woke up today and thought I could still hear my mom somewhere in the house, but soon realised nobody will bang on my bedroom door anymore, force me to swallow almonds or find my woolen socks.

Chaos was not behind the door; it was inside the heart.
The
independent woman could not move and just lay there waiting to move on.

Hey, Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
- The Beatles